9 Simple Ways To Approach A Blog Owner For Guest Posting
Are you looking to guest post on another’s blog?
Well, today I am going to share with you several ways to approach a blog owner to guest post. Guest blogging on popular blogs can help you spread awareness as well as help you build up your reputation as someone with knowledge and authority. But first you need to know the best way to approach a blog owner with your pitch.
The first thing you want to do is send a personal email. The personal email needs to cover the following points of fact:
1. Have a Proper Salutation to the Owner of the Blog – You want them to know that you know who they are. Do not write to dear blog owner or another type of nonspecific salutation such as dear admin, etc. Perform a thorough search to find out exactly who to write to. In fact, if you know you will have to email a gatekeeper first, address the gatekeeper directly.
2. Introduce Yourself – Let them know who you are and what your expertise is and how it relates to their audience. They will want to understand how you can help them, not how they can help you.
3. Educate Them – Not just about you, but about what you know about them and their visitors. It’s possible that if you know a great deal about their viewers and the blog owner notices this, it’s more than likely to impress upon them how much you can probably teach their audience.
4. Promise Originality – The days of writing one guest post and sending the same post to everyone is over. Therefore, you should tell them that you’ll write each post for them and only them.
5. Fill the Gaps – Every blog owner has an area where more content may be necessary to fill a gap. Identifying this gap for the blogger, you’ll be able to break in to blogging for them on a regular basis. If questions arise, agree to guest blog in your area of expertise, but to their specific order.
6. Explain How You’ll Promote the Blog Post – Don’t stop there; explain to the owner of the blog how you’ll promote the blog post that you write to your audience too. That will bring more visitors to their site since you share a common target audience.
7. Supply Images – In addition to a blog post, tell them you’ll supply original images that you have made or make yourself, just for the post or have bought the rights to.
8. Offer an Affiliate Program – Most bloggers who take guest blog posts, also offer a biographical box at the end of the blog post where you can post a link to your website or sales page. Offer that the link can be an affiliate link where appropriate.
9. Follow-Up – Finally, let them know that you will follow up with every comment on the blog post, and continue to promote it for a specific period of time. If you follow through with everything you say, there’s a greater possibility the blog owner will invite you to guest blog periodically.
As a regular guest blogger on a popular blog, it can help boost your qualifications and raise your authority exponentially.
Thank you for reading this post, if it has helped you in any way, you learned something new, or have some ideas of your own that you would like to add, please feel free to do so by leaving a comment below.