Guest Blogging Success
Guest blogging on popular blogs can help you spread awareness as well as help you build up your reputation as someone with knowledge and authority. But first you need to know the best way to approach a blog owner with your pitch.
The first thing you want to do is send a personal email. The personal email needs to cover the following points of information.
1. Have a Proper Salutation to the Owner of the Blog – You want them to know that you know who they are. Do not write to dear blog owner or use another nonspecific name or phrase. Perform a thorough check to ensure that you know who you’re writing to. In fact, if you know you will have to email a gatekeeper first, address the gatekeeper directly.
2. Introduce Yourself – Let them know who you are, what your expertise is, and how it relates to their audience. They will want to understand how you can help them, not how they can help you.
3. Educate Them – Not just about you, but about what you know about the blog owner and their visitors. Provided that you are able to demonstrate your expertise in a specific area related to their content, they will more than likely recognize that you have a great deal of knowledge regarding their audience, the aforementioned will impress upon them how much you can probably teach their audience.
4. Promise Originality – The days of writing one guest post and sending the same post to everyone is over. For that reason, you should tell them that you’ll write each post for them and only them.
5. Fill in the Gaps – Every blog owner experiences gaps in their blog content that’s waiting to be filled. Provided that you can pinpoint that for the blogger, should make it easier for you to guest blog on a specific topic where your expertise lies, but to their specific order.
6. Explain How You’ll Promote the Blog Post – Don’t stop there; explain to the owner of the blog how you’ll promote the blog post that you write to your audience as well. That will bring more visitors to their site since you share a common target audience.
7. Supply Images – In addition to a blog post, tell them you’ll supply original images; not simply typical images that might be legal or not legal to use, but photos that you have made or make yourself just for the post.
8. Offer an Affiliate Program to Them – Most bloggers who take guest blog posts also offer a biographical box at the end of the blog post where you can post a link to your website or sales page. Offer that the link can be an affiliate link where appropriate.
Finally, let them know that you will follow-up with every comment on the blog post, and continue to promote it for a specific period of time. If you follow through with everything you say, it’s a higher probability that they will invite you guest blog on a regular basis. Being a regular guest blogger on a popular blog can expand your credentials and ramp up your authority exponentially.
Thank you for reading this post, if it has helped you in any way, you learned something new, or have something to add, please leave a comment below.